Sign our Guest book from around the World

Search This and Linked Blogs

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Pheaux Pho (Noodle Soup) on the Go


Z.Monkey

Pheaux Pho on the Go

Anyone familiar with Vietnamese Noodle Soup? Pho?

I have to admit that I cannot say no to a bowl of Pho. I usually don't have time at lunch to go to a Pho restaurant. So I have to substitute with dry noodle soup and get the veggies myself. When you go to a typical American Supermarket there is usually an abysmally bad selection of oriental soups. Maruchan is NOT my idea of good. If you want good noodles you need to go to an Asian market. There you will find a mind boggling selection of instant noodle soups. I like Nong Shim products, but there are many, many more.

The noodles are only part of the Pho experience. For rea l Pho flavor you will need Thai Basil, Mung Bean Sprouts, thin sliced green chile, and Vietnamese Chili Garlic Sauce (what a friend of mine calls Satan's Tears). When I do Pho on the go I bring a container with the veggies, the instant soup, and a container of chili garlic sauce and I am ready for Pheaux Pho in 5 minutes. It is filling and light on calories , perfect for a light workday lunch...

Replies to This Discussion

Send Message

No I haven't heard of Pho, but it sounds and looks yummy & healthy. I am desparately trying to convert myself and family to eating only REAL food, but it is an uphill battle and long story. Your photo even makes the sprouts look good. I remember loving sprouts when I was a child, but we only had them once. So thanks for replanting that seed. I also printed out your pizza dough recipe, but didn't make any yet. Is that dough freezable?

I have been studying food and nutrition for the last 7 years or so, it has just been a challenge to apply what I have learned.
Looking forward to sharing with you.

Love & Blessings
lispingwiseone

Reply to This

Send Message

Good Morning Lispingwiseone,

Well you cant freeze the raw dough, because it will kill the yeast culture. But, you can refrigerate it. As the dough ages it becomes sour, like sourdough. I have kept the dough in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. It keeps getting better as it ages. Usually a batch of dough doesn't last that long. I make a two pound batch and then make four ounce dough balls. I use the dough balls as needed. Now you can rise the dough and cook the pizza, and then freeze it.

Blessed Be...
Goodwill to All, for All is One...

Reply to This

Reply to This

RSS

Follow – Email me when people reply




Visit WhiteBuffaloCalfWoman.Ning.Com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Rainbow Warrior's Favorite Recipes
Relatives, Please feel free to leave your comments here. Looking forward to welcoming you into our hearts. Rainbow Warriors of Prophecy Favorite FoodsVisit "I am a Sun Dance" Musical Gifts Await for You!